AFITOS (or ATHITOS)        On the spot where the town lies there has been a settlement since the year 3.000 B.C. Afitos was one of the    most important cities in Pallini and it is mentioned by all he famous ancient writers such as Aristotles, Herodotus, Thucidides, Xenofon e.t.c.    The temple of Dionysus as well as the temple of Zeus, which was the most important temple of the god in Greece, contributed to the fame of the city. Afitos was so important that it even had its own coin and it contributed with warships to the wars which Xerxes waged. After the fight in Platees, (459 B.C.), Afitos drew away from the Persian forces and became a member of the Athenian Alliance. There was a period about which we do not have any information. Afitos reappears on scriptures from the Holy Mountain dating back from the 14th century. It was the home town of outstanding leaders of the National Revolution in 1821. At the second half of the 19th century it developed its characteristics building style which is seen in the houses of the village. Most houses are made of stone and show the zeal of the builders.
Local celebrations
Carnival, Holy Trinity, 15th August.
Sailing of the Gulf of Toronaios
Famous local products
Honey, olive oil, olives.
Sightseeing
- Settlement of Athitos: You are urged to walk through the village and to see the architectural details of the old houses that still remain. You are also advised to visit the house of  Katsanis, the house of the painter Paralis and the house of the musician Mantakas.
- Paris church of St. Demetrius: It is in the centre of the village, and was built in about 1858, with local porous stone. It is the only "basilica with a dome" in Halkidiki and has a unique rustic stone reliefs over the windows and the belfry.
- The ancient quarry in "Moudounou": It is on the eastern boundary of the community. On the rocks one can see the cuts made during the extraction of the big rectangular blocks.
  - Wild lies on the sand along the beach, which bloom in September.
Overland transport
Every hour to and from Thessaloniki.
Duration of trip 1 hour 45 min
.
 
 
 
 
 KALLITHEA The village of Kallithea was founded in 1925 by refugees who came to Greece after the disaster in Asia Minor. Before the setting, a farm, belonging to Russian monks, had been functioning on the same place. The first refugees created a little village with the name "New Maltepe". The villagers applied themselves to agriculture and stock-breeding. In the beginning of the 50ís the village was renamed to "New Kallithea" because of the nice view provided.(kallithea = nice view). Today the people occupy themselves with tourism and in the meanwhile new inhabitants have moved to the place from different parts of the country. Kallithea has many sandy beaches and clear waters plus several ancient monuments and other sights. On the beach there is the temple of Ammon Zeus, and next to it is the russian-style church of St Panteleimonas and also a great invention for the years of 1850, an irrigation channel. Kallithea is 85Km from Thessaloniki.                                                 Local celebrations
                               July 27 Feast of St Panteleimonas- Cultural manifestations.
                               On the last Sunday of July, cross-gulf swimming of Troneos gulf.
Overland transport
 To and from Thessaloniki every hour.
TAXIS.